[Frama-c-discuss] Another small item for next release

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Another small item for next release
  • From: shap at eros-os.com (Jonathan S. Shapiro)
  • Date: Tue Jun 17 14:31:52 2008

This may be a stale issue, but the Frama-C notes indicate that the
version of Why supported with Frama-C may overwrite the version used
with Caduceus, and that the newest version of Why is not compatible with
Frama-C.

I am exploring both systems, and I suspect that other people are also
doing so. Given this, I would like to see one of the following actions
taken in the next Frama-C release:

  1. Split off Why from both Caduceus and Frama-C, and make both systems
     compatible with the same version of Why, OR

  2. Rename the Frama-C version of Why to Frama-Why so that Frama-C can
     be installed simultaneously with Caduceus.

The first is probably awkward, but the second should be pretty simple.

shap