[Frama-c-discuss] Frama-C: GUI's response time

> Frama-C is applied to the same code as described in my previous
> message below (100 fns, 10K Sloc).
> And the computed state is saved (-save my_state.sav).
> Frama-c processing elapsed time is about 7 minutes (Value Analysis
> computations are "minimal").
>
> When launching frama-c-gui -load my_state.sav, elapsed time is about
> 30 minutes, before Frama-C-GUI window is displayed.

This is interesting. What is the time taken by "frama-c -load
my_state.sav"
(that is, the same command for the non-GUI version) for the same state?

If it is long, the problem is in the functions that reload the value
analysis' state.
This has happened before. When this kind of bug manifests itself,
it may be much slower to reload the state from disk than to compute it
again
from scratch.

If the time is short, the problem is definitely in how the GUI scales.

It could also help to measure the times taken by each of
the following commands:

frama-c -save no_analysis.sav *.c   # no option that would cause the
value analysis to run

frama-c-gui -load no_analysis.sav

frama-c -load no_analysis.sav