[Frama-c-discuss] Specifying function monotonicity in ACSL

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Specifying function monotonicity in ACSL
  • From: lc at adelard.com (Lukasz Cyra)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:51:29 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to specify that a function is increasing monotonic. Is it possible to do it in ACSL only, without adding extra c code?

What I have done at the moment is adding to the code an extra function as presented below.

The problem with such a solution is that I cannot prove monotonicity of more sophisticated functions this way, e.g. lets say that I have two functions f() and g(). I demonstrated that g() is monotonic. My approach does not help me in demonstrating that supersposition of these functions f(g(x)) is monotonic. If monotonicity was expressed using ACSL only I would probobly be able to demonstrate it easily.

// the function of interest

int f(int x) {

// body of f()

}