[Frama-c-discuss] C++?

Hello,

Le mar. 17 nov. 2009 16:40:33 CET,
Aaron Rocha <hxdg21 at yahoo.com> a ?crit :

> I don't remember where I read this but I believe Frama-C does
> not support C++. I also believe Frama-C is restricted when it

That's right. There have been some very preliminary experiments of C++
support by translation into plain C, but this is not in a state where
it is usable, and as far as I know, no development on this topic is
planned for now (of course, this might change in presence of a generous
sponsor ;-).

> comes to supporting dynamic memory allocation. Hence, even if
> it did support C++, you'd be stuck with stack objects.

Frama-C in itself has no issue with dynamic allocation per se. Some
situations (e.g. having a malloc in a loop whose number of steps cannot
be simply determined) are more difficult to analyze than others, but
this is true for almost every C construction.

Regards,
--
E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta.
Virgile