[Frama-c-discuss] Windows Install

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Windows Install
  • From: dwendelboe at gmail.com (Doug Wendelboe)
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 12:30:35 -0600

Hello:

We are considering Frama-C to perform code verification for a biomedical
device. In the US the FDA guidelines for Verification & Validation (V&V)
fall under FDA regulations 21-CFR. Our organization uses the Windows OS
exclusively L. Although I unofficially use Linux when I can. Anyways, I am
having some simple startup configuration problems in starting up Frama-C and
trying out the example "first.c" as shown on the website. I see there are
ample instructions for installing on Linux, but has anyone written down
instructions and dependencies for a Windows installation?

In particular, when I run the following example command line I get the
following errors:

C:\Frama-C>frama-c-gui -slevel 10 -val first.c

'gcc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Error: Plugin kernel aborted because of invalid user input(s).

Splash/Console:

[kernel] preprocessing with "gcc -C -E -I.   first.c"

[kernel] user error: failed to run: gcc -C -E -I.   -o
"C:\DOCUME~1\Doug\LOCALS~1\Temp\first.c4228d7.i" "first.c"

                     you may set the CPP environment variable to select the
proper preprocessor command or use the option "-cpp-command".

[kernel] user error: skipping file "first.c" that has errors.

It appears that I need to tell Frama-C where my gcc installation is located.
Is this in a config file? Or is it a pathing setup problem? Thanks for any
help it getting us started.

Doug Wendelboe

DxNA LLC

St. George, UT