[Frama-c-discuss] proving stack axioms with jessie

Hello,

I rewrote the specification regarding to your advices.
(I attached again a simplified version of it to this mail.)
Doing that I found that using predicates in preconditions sometimes may
cause "strange" behavior.

For example:
Using the Valid predicate like
requires Valid(s);
causes that a false postcondition like ensures 0 == 1; is not detected.
But replacing Valid(s) by the content of the predicate, which is
requires \valid(s);
requires \valid_range(s->c, 0, s->N-1);
requires 0 <= s->n <= s->N && 0 < s->N;
results in ensures 0 == 1; being detected.

This problem only ocurs with the Simplify prover right now.
So maybe it is just a prover problem? And Simplify is not safe to use?

I guess this is what caused most of the trouble in our stack and queue
specifications.

Thanks a lot,
Kerstin

--
I use:
Frama-C Boron, Why 2.26, Simplify 1.5.4(7), Alt-Ergo 0.91, Z3 2.7 on Mac OS