[Frama-c-discuss] BMBF & ANR Sponsored: Industrial Survey for Critical Embedded Software

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] BMBF & ANR Sponsored: Industrial Survey for Critical Embedded Software
  • From: juan.soto at first.fraunhofer.de (Juan Soto)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:30:08 +0100

Dear Frama-C Users,

This message is directed at existing users who are currently evaluating or
employing Frama-C (particularly, the Jessie plug-in) in industrial projects
involving critical embedded software.

If your focus lies in conducting deductive verification you are encouraged
to participate in a Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) sponsored survey as part of the
DEVICE-SOFT (DEductive Verification for Industrial Critical Embedded
SOFTware) project.

Project specific goals include an opportunity to engage in outreach
activities, in order to:

(a) enable us to develop, distribute and analyze an industrial survey to
provide us with greater orientation and for increased insight into
industrial user needs,

(b) aid users in the proper use of the tool via our training and
dissemination workshops,

(c) enable tool developers an opportunity to fine-tune their ongoing R&D
activities to ensure their resources are maximized,

(d) ensure tool developers include features for increased utility in their
latest releases,

(e) provide users with an opportunity to experiment with these methods in
pilot studies,

(f) yield improved techniques for the verification of software components
that seamlessly integrates into the V-model development process.

On behalf of the DEVICE-SOFT team, we kindly request your participation in
this important endeavor. Your valuable comments and perspectives will help
shape our efforts on this project. Your feedback will drive the development
of Frama-C in the direction that best addresses your needs. This survey will
take 15-20 minutes to complete.

Specific details may be found at
http://www.first.fraunhofer.de/owx_medien/media12/1236.pdf.

Confidentiality Agreement. All information provided will be kept strictly
confidential. Our only interest is in assembling a list of needs to best
assess where to direct our resources.

Training & Dissemination Workshop. We invite you to consider participating
in a training and dissemination workshop earmarked for fall 2010; more
details will follow in the near future.

For more information about DEVICE-SOFT visit
http://www.first.fraunhofer.de/device_soft_en.

Please forward your completed survey to Fraunhofer FIRST (the email address
is contained on page 1 of the survey) by Monday, March 15, 2010. We
appreciate your willingness to aid the embedded systems community to push
forward this important industrial research agenda.

Kind regards,
The DEVICE-SOFT Team