[Frama-c-discuss] Frama-c with Freescale (Motorola) HCS12 micro controller

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Frama-c with Freescale (Motorola) HCS12 micro controller
  • From: pascal.cuoq at gmail.com (Pascal Cuoq)
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:02:14 +0200

Hello,

> What do I need to know and what do I need to do
> to set up a testing project on my HCS12 code?

Supporting a new architecture is not a small undertaking,
so perhaps you should tell us a little more about what you
expect to do. Meanwhile, the option -machdep x86_16
can be used as an imperfect emulation of the HCS12 platform.

If you want to go ahead, the first step if for you to get
the file cil/src/machdep.c from the source distribution of
Frama-C to compile on the target platform and to send
us the result. If you do not have "printf" on the target
architecture, you must simulate the effects of the program
with the documentation that you have (start with
machdep_x86_16.ml and change what is not right).

> Btw, my HCS12 project is done in windows with Freescale Codewarrior. So I
> suspect I will need to copy some includes and setup some environment
> variables.

The best would be to use Codewarrior's own pre-processor.
This is normally done with the -cpp-command option.

Unfortunately, while trying to answer your other question I just found a bug
in the treatment of the -cpp-command that may prevent
sophisticated uses of this option.

Pascal