[Frama-c-discuss] Non-terminating loops

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Non-terminating loops
  • From: virgile.prevosto at cea.fr (Virgile Prevosto)
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:39:03 +0200

Le ven. 28 mai 2010 14:23:32 CEST,
Boris Hollas <hollas at informatik.htw-dresden.de> a ?crit :

> In both the acsl-beryllium2 and the acsl-boron documentation terminates
> is marked as "Experimental" in section "2.5.4 Non-terminating
> functions". If it is not supported yet, it should be indicated. I

In the acsl-boron implementation notes, implemented refers to ACSL
constructions that are supported by Frama-C's kernel, which
essentially means that such specifications will be parsed and
type-checked by Frama-C. It does not say anything about what a
particular plug-in will do about it (to be honest, I don't think that
any plug-in does something sensible with terminates clause at the
moment, but please remember that the Jessie plug-in is only a component
of Frama-C, albeit an important one).

> If pragma JessieTerminationPolicy is implemented in Boron, it should
> be mentionen in section "2.5.4 Non-terminating functions" of the
> acsl-boron documentation. So far, it is only mentioned in the
> Jessie-tutorial.

Well, this concerns Jessie-specific constructions, so it seems to me
that Jessie documentation is the appropriate place to mention it.

E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta.
Virgile