[Frama-c-discuss] Alt-ergo 0.92.1, Frama-C/Why package on Fedora

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Alt-ergo 0.92.1, Frama-C/Why package on Fedora
  • From: dwheeler at dwheeler.com (David A. Wheeler)
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 23:25:15 -0400 (EDT)

Is alt-ergo 0.92.1 okay/safe to use with the current version of Frama-C + why + Jessie?

Running "why-config" triggers this scary warning:
 Warning: prover Alt-Ergo version 0.92.1 is not known to be supported, use it at your own risk!
and the alt-ergo changelog reports "New built-in syntax for the theory of arrays" (!).
But it *does* seem to work with current frama-c + current why, and alt-ergo 0.92.1
"Fixes a bug in the arithmetic module" (as noted elsewhere here).

I'm wrapping up packaging why+Frama-C on Fedora (along with Mark Rader), and I'd like to know which version of alt-ergo would be safe to package by default.

Thanks.

--- David A. Wheeler