[Frama-c-discuss] frama-gui question

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Ethan Aubin <ethan.aubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm experimenting with frama-c for the first time

Welcome!

> and get the a message
> <<Cannot display more than 21 globals at a time. Skipping end of file>> on
> many my project files. Can I increase this number up from 21?

Well, it looks superficially like you can just change the 20 in
src/gui/pretty_source.ml
into something else and recompile, but it's a trap. Performance will
be terrible if you try.

But you may already have noticed that you can display the body of one
function at a time if you select it in the tree view on the left hand
side.

> Also what does
> the background coloring in the normalized source code view mean? I see some
> statements with a red background and a strikethrough font.

This means that the statements were never reached during the value
analysis. Since te value analysis computes supersets of possible
values, when the set of possible values is empty, it effectively means
that it is pretty sure that the statement is unreachable in the
conditions the analysis started from.

Other plug-ins use other colors to display information, but that's
usually as a consequence of a user query, so it's easier to see what
means what.

Pascal