[Frama-c-discuss] Simplifying branches

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Simplifying branches
  • From: anne.pacalet at inria.fr (Anne Pacalet)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:44:09 +0200

Le 17/08/2011 16:29, Daniel Sheridan a ?crit :
> Is it possible to access this simplification step from a plugin, or do I
> need to write my own visitor-based implementation of it?

Maybe you should have a look at the file [src/misc/filter.ml].
It is used by both the [sparecode] and the [slicing] plug-ins
to filter out the unwanted parts. Maybe you can use the provided
functor directly, or at least get inspiration of how to use a [frama_c_visitor].
In the second case, I think that the function [optim_if]
is what you are looking for.

Just a small warning: I don't remember in which state is this file
in the last distributed version of the tool... if I remember well,
it has been quite buggy for a while.
Feel free to ask more questions if you need some help.

Hope this helps,
--
Anne.