[Frama-c-discuss] There may be a problem with the Program Dependence Graph

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] There may be a problem with the Program Dependence Graph
  • From: jcdemay at rennes.supelec.fr (Jonathan-Christofer Demay)
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:12:05 +0000

I may have found a bug in the pdg plugin but maybe I'm using it the
wrong way so that's why I'm posting here instead of the bts.

Attached in this email a simple plugin that prints the nodes each
function call depends on, according to the pdg, and a small C file to
illustrate what I think is wrong.

If I run 'frama-c -cdn test.c', it tells me that the function calls at
lines 11 and 13 depend on 'VarDecl : tmp' which I think is wrong since
'tmp' is declared *after* those function calls. The same plugin does not
include this node when used with Boron.

Strange thing, if I modify certain nodes on which those function calls
do *not* depend, like 'f(s.c)' at line 19 replaced by 'f(p)', then
'VarDecl : tmp' disappear from the dep nodes.

Regards.