[Frama-c-discuss] Jessie: Timeout for Simplify broken?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Jessie: Timeout for Simplify broken?
  • From: jens.gerlach at first.fraunhofer.de (Jens Gerlach)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 18:54:49 +0100

Hello Boris,

we haven't used why-2.29 yet but we know already for some time
that simplify has a problem with reporting overflow warning when the
only thing that is going on is a an initialization from int to int.
I found that sometimes instead of writing

  int a = b; // b is of type int as well

it helps to write

  int a = 0;
  a = b;

but it's hardly a beautiful solution.

I am not sure but we might have reported this to the current maintainers of
simplify last summer,
but no new version has been released since then.

Jens