[Frama-c-discuss] Support Formatcil module

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Support Formatcil module
  • From: benjamin.monate at cea.fr (Benjamin Monate)
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 18:39:51 +0200

Le 30/04/2011 13:57, Steven Gong a ?crit :
> Hi,
> I am working on a project that needs Formatcil module from CIL but
> unfortunately I cannot find it in the CIL package of frama-c carbon
> 20110201. I was trying to port Formatcil module from CIL 1.3.7 but it
> seems not so easy because some core types (like Cil.exp) has been
> changed in frama-c. Has anyone tried to use Formatcil with frama-c?

The answer is probably: no.
Porting it should not be too hard as types used by FormatCil are still
present in Frama-C.

> BTW what is the CIL version frama-c is based on?

It is based on very old version of Cil but I think all patches up to Cil
1.3.6 have been integrated. We are integrating patches from Cil upstream
from time to time. We also contributed some pathces to Cil 1.3.7, thus
those are already integrated.

Hope this helps,
--
Benjamin Monate
Head of Software Safety Lab.  CEA-LIST/DRT/DILS/LSL