[Frama-c-discuss] Compiling Frama-C with Zarith under (Cygwin + ) Mingw

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Pariente Dillon <
Dillon.Pariente at dassault-aviation.com> wrote:

> In another mailing-list, the Frama-C developers exposed that it was
> possible to link Frama-C with the Zarith library (so, requiring to
> recompile Frama-C from the source distribution).

Thanks for these instructions, Dillon.

Besides the private mailing list, the Zarith library and
the advantages that can be expected from using it
have also been described in the blog:

http://blog.frama-c.com/index.php?post/2011/10/09/Zarith
http://blog.frama-c.com/index.php?post/2011/10/17/Features-in-Nitrogen-1

Regarding the difficulties for using Zarith under Windows:
Indeed, no-one had tried to use both Zarith and
Windows at the same time yet. We'll have to fix
that makefile.

As a last-minute note for people who are trying to get
Frama-C to use Zarith, if you are starting from a Frama-C
directory that has already been compiled,
after you define the environment variable HAS_ZARITH to "yes",
you must delete the file src/lib/my_bigint.ml that was copied
from src/lib/my_bigint.ml.bigint so that it can be created again
as a copy of src/lib/my_bigint.ml.zarith.