[Frama-c-discuss] Defining a new architecture

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Defining a new architecture
  • From: sylvain.nahas at googlemail.com (sylvain nahas)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:07:45 +0100

Hi,

I have two related questions.

1. Has somebody already used Frama-C on 8 bits processor architectures?
Is it expected to work?

I ask that because there is a machdep only for a 16 Intel arch in the
Nitrogen distribution.

2. How is it currently possible to add a new architecture as a
parameter to -machdep - alternatively, is there a way to achieve the
same level of parametrization without creating a machdep-*.ml file
(maybe with command line switches)?

I have had a look at the machdep-*.ml files. The content is clear
enough but I am wondering how a user is supposed to add a definition.
By modifying the source code? Is it then enough to add a new file and
tweak a Makefile or is there more wizardry involved?

thanks,
Sylvain