[Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] CHAR_BIT != 8
  • From: ned at tropic.org.uk (Ned)
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:59:18 +0000

Hi list.  I'm interested in using frama-c with a couple of architectures
with CHAR_BIT being some value other than 8 (16 in one case, 24 in
another).  I can see that the first problem will be CIL; there's no mention
of CHAR_BIT in machdep_*.ml, and there are a lot of suspicious
multiplications by 8 in the code.  Presuming I am able to fix CIL (in fact
I have a likely looking patch developed by a former colleague, although I
don't know whether it's complete), does anyone know what will break next?

Ned.