[Frama-c-discuss] Translation of unary operators by FRAMA-C

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Translation of unary operators by FRAMA-C
  • From: belasri89 at gmail.com (mohamed belasri)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:10:49 +0100

Hi, I'm a new member in this forum and I hope to find answers to my
problems and to be, in the same time, useful for the other members. So, my
question is about the plug-in WP; I tried to prove the following assertion :

int main()
{
    char a = 5;
    char b = ~a;

    //@ assert b == ~a;

    return 0;
}
but frama-c try to prove that : 5 = bnot(5) which is false of course. It
seems that frama-c has some problems to translate the unary operator "~",
so it replaces "b" by "a" and try to verify that a=~a. So, if anyone know
why frama-c doesn't translate "~"...

Regards.