[Frama-c-discuss] Caller-callee relationship from source file

Hello,

On 01/17/2012 08:28 AM, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> I am using frama-c 1.6 on Fedora 15. When using frama-c-gui with a
> hello.c file, I am able to view the call graph from Analysis->Show
> callgraph. Is there a way to view/get the caller-callee relationship
> for each function in a .c file from the command line?
>
> Please do let me know.

The command 'frama-c -cg hello.dot hello.c' dump the syntactic callgraph
in dot format into the file hello.dot. That is the very same graph than
the one displayed in the GUI through Analysis -> Show callgraph.

For the record, this callgraph is syntactic: it ignores any function
pointers. If your input program contains such pointers, you would
compute the semantic callgraph which uses the results of the 'Value
Analysis' plug-in to take function pointers into account. The command
line is the same that the above one, but using option -scg instead of
-cg. This semantic callgraph is not yet available through the GUI.

Hope this helps,
Julien