[Frama-c-discuss] Jessie and malloc wrappers

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Jessie and malloc wrappers
  • From: pip88nl at gmail.com (Pippijn van Steenhoven)
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:18:49 +0100

Hello,

Jessie does not support arbitrary casts between pointer types, but
special-cases "malloc", so this code works:

  void *malloc (unsigned);

  struct interval { int lb, ub; };

  int main () {
    struct interval *i = malloc (sizeof *i);
    return 0;
  }

In my project, I'm using a wrapper for malloc that stores the allocation
size before the returned pointer. Is there a way to tell Jessie that the
pointer returned by this function is of the same type as the variable it
is assigned to?

Best regards,
Pippijn van Steenhoven