[Frama-c-discuss] Jessie plugin

Le 09/05/2012 08:35, Boris Hollas a ?crit :
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 20:31 +0200, Claude Marche wrote:
>> /*@ requires \valid(AB_Ptr)&&  \valid(CD_Ptr);
>>      @ behavior zero:
>>      @ assumes \exact(*AB_Ptr)>  \exact(*CD_Ptr) ;
>>      @ ensures  result == 1
>>      @ behavior one:
>>      @ assumes \exact(*AB_Ptr)<= \exact(*CD_Ptr);
>>      @ ensures  result == 0;
>>      @ */
>
> I have a related question. Is \exact(x), when used in a precondition,
> equivalent to x (if x is a parameter of the function)?

No it isn't. On the contrary, there is no contraint at all between them.
So when using \exact you typically need to put as precondition something
like \abs(\round_error(x)) <= some constant

> The example in
> the ACSL documention suggests it isn't.

Indeed.

> Are Coq or Gappa required to use \exact and is user interaction
> necessary to prove VCs?

No and no. Indeed, if one uses the pragma JessieFloatModel(math) then
Gappa is typically not needed, and regarding computation on real
numbers, some automated provers perform quite well (CVC3, Z3, and
sometimes Alt-Ergo). Coq is just an alternative in case the math is too
complex for automated provers.

Gappa is typically useful to prove something about rounding errors.

A few examples of C programs with floats, specified with ACSL and proved
with the Jessie-plugin are available at the URLs:

http://proval.lri.fr/gallery/fp.en.html

http://hisseo.saclay.inria.fr/gallery.html

http://www.lri.fr/~sboldo/research.html

Hope this helps,

- Claude

--
Claude March?                          | tel: +33 1 72 92 59 69
INRIA Saclay - ?le-de-France           |