[Frama-c-discuss] Value Analysis - iterative function 2

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Value Analysis - iterative function 2
  • From: rovedy at ig.com.br (Rovedy Aparecida Busquim e Silva)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:41:33 -0300

Hello David,

Thank you.

>> Do you have a pencil & paper analysis that proves that such behaviour
>> should not occur? Is your algorithm numerically stable?

This function is part from aerospace control software and it works well.
We have tested the function in a isolated way with a input array and it
works well also.
We believe that the problem is the use of Frama_C_float_interval.

>> I would try to increase -slevel, to 10000 or even 100000.

We have increased the -slevel to 10000 and 100000.
It did not work, there was a overflow.

>> Frama-C like any other formal analysis tool is not a magic tool. You
>> should guide it based on your knowledge of the code you are analysing.

Anyway, we will carefully analyze the function again.

Thank you!
Best regards.
Rovedy, Luciana, Nanci