[Frama-c-discuss] installing Jessie plug-in

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] installing Jessie plug-in
  • From: siegel at udel.edu (Stephen Siegel)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:17:48 -0600

I've run into some problems installing the Jessie plugin on OS X 10.8.3, with Frama-C Oxygen.

I downloaded why-2.32 from http://krakatoa.lri.fr/#jessie
Did ./configure
The Makefile turned out to have a bug here:

-------------
jc/jc_stdlib.ml: jc/jc_stdlib_lt312.ml jc/jc_stdlib_ge312.ml jc/jc_stdlib_ge40.\
ml
        rm -f $@
        case $(OCAMLVERSION) in \
         3.0*|3.10*|3.11*) cp jc/jc_stdlib_lt312.ml $@ ;; \
         3.12*) cp jc/jc_stdlib_ge312.ml $@ ;; \
#        4.*) cp jc/jc_stdlib_ge400.ml $@ ;; \
         4.0*) cp jc/jc_stdlib_ge40.ml $@ ;; \
        esac
        chmod -w $@

The '#' sign comments out not just the physical line but the remainder of the entire logical line (including the 'esac').
I tried deleting that physical line, then "sudo make" and "sudo make install" seemed to work without any warnings or errors.  The plugin was copied to the correct place in Frama-C.  But when I run frama-c -jessie I get this:

basic$ frama-c -jessie allZeroes.c
[kernel] warning: cannot load plug-in `Jessie' (incompatible with Oxygen-20120901).
[kernel] user error: option `-jessie' is unknown.
                     use `frama-c -help' for more information.
[kernel] Frama-C aborted: invalid user input.
basic$

-steve