[Frama-c-discuss] installing Fluorine

> If you want to install Frama-C without root privilege and all its ocaml
> dependecies, you can use opam which is a source-based package manager for
> OCaml.
>
> http://opam.ocamlpro.com/**index.html<http://opam.ocamlpro.com/index.html>

The problem is that it's not the couple of OCaml libraries Frama-C
optionally depends on that are difficult to install, it's the Gtk+
libraries and the dependencies they recursively bring. The opam package
manager does not help for these Gtk+ libraries.

When I was making Mac OS X binary packages, all necessary files were under
/usr/local/Frama-C. I was helped by the source distribution I was relying
on, MacPorts, which ensured that all files would be installed below the
MacPorts root. This means that the MacPorts maintainer had patched the Gtk+
packages where necessary.