[Frama-c-discuss] [WP] Weird behavior causing many POs not being sent to prover

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] [WP] Weird behavior causing many POs not being sent to prover
  • From: cristiano.sousa126 at gmail.com (Cristiano Sousa)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:46:21 +0100

Hi all,

I've encountered a weird behavior when using the WP plugin. In the
following function:

http://pastebin.com/p0BiC5GP

if I include the assertion marked as BUG, de generated POs goes from 55 to
18. Frama-C seems to be ignoring all others.

This bug has happened to be before but this is the first time I was
actually able to pinpoint the exact cause.

On a related note, I'm having a particular hard time proving this
particular function. I've had trouble in the past with functions that use
unsigned char, the workaround I found was avoid using unsigned char. In
this function I cannot do that, since the chars are used to access the
matchmap array, and the chars must all be positive to avoid illegal access.

--
Regards,
Cristiano Sousa