[Frama-c-discuss] [Value Analysis] Interval Division

We would like to thank you for your answer.

Sorry, we forgot to include the value of the BETA_SAT that is a #DEFINE,
i.e., it is a constant value.
Then, we think that it does not make sense to split BETA_SAT, does it?

We have tested some examples splitting the numerator (AB and CD) and
denominator (max) in smaller ranges.
It was verified that the results were more precise. However, the problem is
that the variables AB, CD and max are calculated at each iteration of the
program, i. e., are not constant intervals. Is that possible to include a
kind of "dynamic assertion" in the program, since that the intervals are
unknown before the execution?

Now, we are sending the complete program. In order to test the program, we
have simplified the code and assigned a constant interval to the variables
AB and CD.,

Best regards,
Nanci, Rovedy, Luciana

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#define BETA_SAT     2.0

void Limit (float * AB, float * CD)
{
 double max,Fabs_AB, Fabs_CD;

   Fabs_AB = fabs2 (*AB);
   Fabs_CD = fabs2 (*CD);

   max = Fabs_AB;
   if (Fabs_CD > Fabs_AB)
      max = Fabs_CD;

   if (max > BETA_SAT)
   {
      *AB = (float) (((*AB) * BETA_SAT) / max);
      *CD = (float) (((*CD) * BETA_SAT) / max);
   }

    Frama_C_dump_each();
}

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------
double fabs2(double x){
  if (x==0.0)   return 0.0;
  if (x>0.0)    return x;
  return -x;
}

void main ()
{
  float test1, test2;

   test1= Frama_C_float_interval(1.0, 4.0);
   test2= Frama_C_float_interval(1.0, 8.0);

   Limit (&test1, &test2);
}