[Frama-c-discuss] Is support for running frama-c in the place of a C compiler being considered?

Hello,

Le 09/04/2014 05:19, Steven Stewart-Gallus a ?crit :
> Is support for running frama-c in the place of a C compiler being considered?
> Obviously, this would be a lot of work and happen far off in the future but it
> would allow Frama-C to check files that have different options defined and
> integrate with build systems much easier.

I would say maybe in a very far off future. Frama-C has not been
designed to be a drop-in replacement for a C compiler. For example, when
using Value analysis (which is the plug-in needing minimal annotations
on the C code), one still needs to write a driver and probably tune the
analysis.

Of course, Frama-C is open source. If somebody writes such a drop-in
replacement plug-in, I'll be the very first to test it. ;-)

Best regards,
david