Frama-C-discuss mailing list archives
This page gathers the archives of the old Frama-C-discuss archives, that was hosted by Inria's gforge before its demise at the end of 2020. To search for mails newer than September 2020, please visit the page of the new mailing list on Renater.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Frama-c-discuss] alignment assumptions?
- Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] alignment assumptions?
- From: MarkoSchuetz at web.de (Marko Schütz Schmuck)
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:30:19 -0400
Dear All, I have C source code (which I did not write myself) that on xLP64 uses the least significant bits of a pointer to a struct to store additional data under the assumption that the struct is aligned and those bits would all be 0 for the pointer. One obvious option would be to add an extra field to store those additional bytes. This would blow up the memory for maintaining the data structure by 1/3. What are other options? Thanks in advance, Marko -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/pgp-signature Size: 198 bytes Desc: not available URL: <http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/frama-c-discuss/attachments/20140430/e05eedef/attachment.pgp>
- Prev by Date: [Frama-c-discuss] Behavior specification with ghost variables
- Previous by thread: [Frama-c-discuss] Internal state represented by ghost variable not provable