[Frama-c-discuss] Building plugin for Frama-c using Core library

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Building plugin for Frama-c using Core library
  • From: Julien.Signoles at cea.fr (Julien Signoles)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:35:39 +0100

Hello,

On 11/24/2014 06:15 PM, Ivan Gavran wrote:
> I am trying to learn about building plugins for Frama-c. I got stuck
> when I tried to use Core.Std library (open Core.Std). The compiler
> complains about "Unbound module Core".
> How should I include it? Somewhere in the Makefile?
> (If it wouldn't be a Frama-c plugin, I would use ocamlfind, but I don't
> know what to do in this situation)

[warning: I've not tested the below instructions]

If the Core library files are core.cma (bytecode) and core.cmx (native),
then you have to set the following Makefile's variables:

PLUGIN_EXTRA_BYTE:=core.cma
PLUGIN_EXTRA_OPT:=core.cmx

If Core is installed in a non-standard directory, set also the following
variables:

PLUGIN_BFLAGS:=-I core_installation_path
PLUGIN_OFLAGS:=-I core_installation_path

See Plug-in Development Guide, Section 5.3.3 for details.

Hope this helps,
Julien
--
Researcher-engineer