[Frama-c-discuss] needing help to write a frama-c plugin

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] needing help to write a frama-c plugin
  • From: nicolas.zilio at fr.thalesgroup.com (ZILIO Nicolas)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:30:29 +0200

Dear Julien,

First of all, I would like to say that your mail is really impressive as it's very rare to get such an explicative support. So a big thanks for such advice and for having taken your time to answer to my mail.

You're indeed right about me, I'm new to Ocaml, and primarily an imperative programmer especially in C. I went on Frama-c in the case of an intership about dataflow and did not know any word of ocaml neither caml at all, and so developer's guide was kind hard to apprehend... To speak about the plugin, I went first on a list as it seemed to be one of the easiest structure of Ocaml, but I have to agree that hashtable is certainly the best. By the way, I wrote a script to do what I want after having registered impact results in a log file. If I have time before the end of my intership, I will try to rewrite the plugin with the help you gave me in your mail, and if I have any problem, I will come back here.

Finally, do you know if frama-c is going to be certified for aeronautics software developpement? It seems Airbus made something towards it, but I can't find more info...

Regards,