[Frama-c-discuss] Speedup Frama-C/WP generating proof obligations

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Speedup Frama-C/WP generating proof obligations
  • From: junkil.park at cis.upenn.edu (Junkil (David) Park)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 14:53:44 -0400

Hi,

I have 5000 lines of C code with one assertion to prove. Since I'd like to
generate the proof obligations of it in Why3, I typed the command-line as
follows:

> frama-c -wp -wp-prover why3 -wp-gen -wp-out out_dir code.c

It takes about 50 seconds to complete finishing the generation. However,
I'd like to speed up if possible because I need to do it repeatedly even
with longer C code.

When I typed the command-line above, Frama-C/WP displays "[wp] 2 goals
scheduled" in 30 seconds. After that, it terminates displaying "[wp] Proved
goals:    0 / 2" in another 20 seconds.

I wonder if Frama-C/WP internally makes any attempts to prove those goals.
I wonder if I set an option flag for Frama-C not to try to prove them, but
just to generate the proof obligations.

I tried to turn off the Qed Simplifier's options (-wp-no-simpl,
-wp-no-clean, ...), but it didn't help reducing the running time of
Frama-C. Are there be any other options that can help reducing the time of
generating the proof obligations only?

Thanks,
Junkil