[Frama-c-discuss] OpenSSL SHA256

Hi Kurt,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> wrote:

> > When I start it using Value again, I also get the
> > uninitialized message again in sha256_block_data_order(),
> > and can't seem to convince Value about it being initialized.
>
> Still have no idea about that one.

Have you posted code, commandline used, tool version and generally
everything necessary to reproduce yet?

I ask because as the initiator of an effort to get OpenSSL through Frama-C
's value analysis, I am in a particularly good position to point out that
asking readers of this list to go through the effort of configuring OpenSSL
for Frama-C in order to have a chance at a guess as to the problem you are
encountering is asking too much.

My colleagues and I reported this bug, which you have already seen and
which was fixed [1], and all those, which weren't [2]. So please consider
working on getting these bugfixes through the system and into the code
where they belong, instead of working at re-discovering the same ones.

Pascal
TrustInSoft, Chief Scientist

[1] https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-dev/2015-June/001667.html
[2] https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-dev/2015-July/002112.html