[Frama-c-discuss] Control flow graphs and code coverage

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Control flow graphs and code coverage
  • From: elfring at users.sourceforge.net (SF Markus Elfring)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 20:22:49 +0100

Hello,

I have read the user manual for your evolving software. Now I would like to
find a bit more out from technology areas which are involved here.

* Would you like to share any more information about the use of advanced
  control flow graphs?

* Do extended versions get any special names?

* How can the amount of source code which is used between statements
  like "goto" (in the C programming language) be modelled by such
  a software design approach?

  Use case:
  Do you try to improve capabilities for static source analysis in the way
  that issues which are similar to the description of consequences from
  a special "goto fail;" in the article "An interesting SSL implementation bug"
  can be better detected?
  http://blog.frama-c.com/index.php?post/2014/02/23/CVE-2013-5914

* Do you know any plug-ins (or add-ons) which collaborate with related
  software tools?

Regards,
Markus