[Frama-c-discuss] Release of Frama-Clang v0.0.1

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Release of Frama-Clang v0.0.1
  • From: virgile.prevosto at m4x.org (Virgile Prevosto)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 15:32:33 +0200

Dear list,

as a tribute to my hometown of Lyon, it is a pleasure for me to
celebrate the 144th anniversary of Édouard Herriot's birth by
announcing the first release of a new Frama-C
plugin, Frama-Clang.

Frama-Clang is a C++ front-end for Frama-C, meaning that it enables
users to analyze C++ code with Frama-C. Beware however that this release
is experimental, i.e. known to be incomplete and probably not bug-free.
Feel free to send a mail at support at frama-c.com if you would like to
help us in maturing it.

As its name suggests, Frama-Clang uses the clang front-end for parsing
and type-checking C++ files, hence you'll need clang 3.8 to install the
plugin (in addition to Frama-C Aluminium, of course). More detailed
information as well as the source code archive are available at
http://frama-c.com/frama-clang.html. Frama-Clang is available under the
LGPL v2.1 licence as the rest of the platform. An opam package will
follow soon.

Frama-Clang has been developed mostly by Franck Védrine and myself
during the course of the european (FP7) project STANCE. We would like to
thank the partners of the project, in particular Fraunhofer FOKUS, for
their feedback, as well as Trust-in-Soft for their help during the
development of the plugin.

E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta
Virgile