[Frama-c-discuss] Frama-c-discuss Digest, Vol 110, Issue 6

Hello Jens,

On Wed, 8/9/2017, 12:23:39 PM, Gerlach, Jens
<jens.gerlach at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Thank you for your pointers.
> I am not sure what you mean by “smt2 files”.
> When I run Frama-C/WP I do not obtain files with an “.smt2” extension.

Just to be sure, this means that WP is done in Frama-c, and not in Why?

> As far as I understand the proof obligations are contained in files that
> end in “.why”.

Assuming thes answer to my above question is "yes", then these are
basically the VCs, but in Why3 syntax and not SMTLib syntax. You can
transform them using why3 with a commandline like this:

$ why3 -P <prover> -o <output-folder> <whyfile>.why

The <prover> part above is the one you have in your .why3.conf file, for
example -P cvc4, or -P cvc4-1.5 or something like that. The
<output-folder> is a folder that must previously exist and that will
contain, after the above command, the file(s) for the prover. The
<whyfile>.why is the *.why file that you got from Frama-C. Depending on
what the .why files contain, several prover files may be generated for a
single .why file.

You can run the provers on the obtained files to check that the above
process worked and that the results are as expected (i.e. VC is proved or
not proved as expected).

Note:

* Frama-C might pass extra command line options to why3 which may change
the transformation of the VCs. Ideally you would need to pass the same
options to why3 in your command.
* Same for the prover options.

--
Johannes Kanig, PhD