[Frama-c-discuss] Frama-C not parsing unicode.

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Frama-C not parsing unicode.
  • From: juan at carrano.com.ar (Juan Carrano)
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 19:57:48 +0200

Hi all,

I'm having a very weird issue. I suspect it is caused by my setup,
rather than Frama, but maybe someone here knows how to solve this.

When I try to parse a file containing unicode symbols, I get the
following error message:

$ frama-c -wp u.c

[kernel] Parsing u.c (with preprocessing)
[kernel:annot-error] u.c:3: Warning:
  no such type \U0000211d. Ignoring global annotation
[kernel] User Error: warning annot-error treated as fatal error.
[kernel] User Error: stopping on file "u.c" that has errors. Add
'-kernel-msg-key pp'
  for preprocessing command.
[kernel] Frama-C aborted: invalid user input.

The file (minimal example) is:

$cat u.c

/*@
 logic ℝ v = 5.0;
*/

The '\U0000211d' refers to the "real" symbol.

Last time I used frama was several months ago, and it was working
fine- that's why I suspect my setup. The issue happens with both
version 18 and 20.

Of course, I could rewrite my files to get rid of the unicode, but I'd
rather avoid that.

Regards,

Juan Carrano