[Frama-c-discuss] Another small item for next release

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Another small item for next release
  • From: virgile.prevosto at cea.fr (Virgile Prevosto)
  • Date: Thu Jun 19 09:54:12 2008

Hello,

Le mer 18 jun 2008 13:39:27 CEST,
"Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@eros-os.com> a ?crit :

> Thank you. So do I understand correctly that simultaneous installation
> of frama-c-20080502 and why-2.13 should not lead to compatibility
> problems?

To the extent of the (lack of) warranty provided by the LGPL, yes,
this is correct. Note however that some small patches of Why
installation and Frama-C configuration must be applied by Godi.

> Wouldn't renaming the distribution of Why+Jessie in Frama-C make sense
> to avoid future issues

I can only speak for myself, but my guess is that the best option would
be to keep releases of Why and Frama-C in sync and let the default
Frama-C configuration use an already installed Why, keeping the local
Why sources only as a backup if Why couldn't be found.

--
E tutto per oggi, a la prossima volta.
Virgile