Fra: Benjamin Monate [mailto:benjamin.monate@cea.fr]
Sendt: 7. oktober 2008 15:59
Til: Birger Kollstrand
Kopi: frama-c-discuss@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Emne: Re: [Frama-c-discuss] Frama-C user documentation?

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Frama-C.

Documentation definitly needs improvements.
You may want to read the file frama-c-manual-en.pdf and jump to section
3.1.1.

In short, you have two options to run Frama-C:

1) Either install a C pre-processor and use the -cpp-command option or
set CPP_COMMAND environment variable. In particular you have to provide
the necessary includes path (-I ...).
Here are a few possible options from the manual:
=======
frama-c-gui -val -cpp-command 'gcc -C -E -I. -x c'  <file list>
frama-c-gui -val -cpp-command 'gcc -C -E -I. -o %2 %1' <file list>
frama-c-gui -val -cpp-command 'copy %1 %2' <file list>
frama-c-gui -val -cpp-command 'cat %1 > %2'
frama-c-gui -val -cpp-command 'CL.exe /C /E %1 > %2' <file list>
========

2) Or preprocess all of your files in advance into .i files and then
pass .i files to Frama-C.

As you are working on Linux code under a Win32 machine, your best bet is
probably to try option 2.

Here is a step by step howto if you have access to a Linux development
machine and use gcc to compile your code.
a) Clean your compilation tree (make clean)
b) Add the -save-temps option to gcc in your makefiles (usually CC="gcc
-save-temps" make will do it.
c) Copy all generated *.i files to you windows machine to the same
relative location in your un-preprocessed source trunk.
d) Run frama-c-gui <list of all .i files>

Then you can start trying the different command line options described
in the manual.

Do not hesitate to ask for further informations if you need it.

Thanks again for your interest,
--
| Benjamin Monate         | mailto:benjamin.monate@cea.fr     |
| Ing?nieur-Chercheur     | CEA-LIST/DRT/DTSI/SOL/LSL         |