[Frama-c-discuss] Using an installed copy of Why?

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Using an installed copy of Why?
  • From: Claude.Marche at inria.fr (Claude Marché)
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:40:55 +0100

Yes, the next Frama-C major version (aka Beryllium) will not be
distributed with a Why version anymore.

For Lithium version: we have taken care of this fact by releasing a Why
version synchronized with Frama-C. So for a package, my suggestion is to
build two packages and make a dependency of Frama-C on that precise Why
package.

Of course, even better will be to provide more small packages, like
Frama-C without the Jessie plugin, without the GUIs, etc. But it would
require much harder work, for small benefit since most users would be OK
for having everything by default

- Claude