[Frama-c-discuss] Inductive definition of reachability in an array-implemented list.

Dear Eric and Jens,

I will try to give a global response, but "jessie Masters" are still Yannick Moy
and Claude March? O:-)

The conversion Integer -> int is not costless for automatic provers. The "exact"
option removes conversion predicates. It is then more efficient. However, is
there any sense to prove a program without these conversions ?

In my opinion, there is really 2 disjoint goals :
    * is my program correct without machine constraints ? (abstract Integers)
        --> exact option

    * are abstract values equals to concrete ones in previous PO ?
        --> if yes : just smile
            if not : same player play again, but without exact option.

I don't know how to verify this second point. But I think that if a PO is valid
with Integers and timeout without, then a manual proof can be tried.

Regards,
Nicolas.

JENN Eric a ?crit :