[Frama-c-discuss] Pragma declaration problem

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Pragma declaration problem
  • From: annguyen2210 at gmail.com (An Nguyen)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 19:36:47 +0700

Dear list member,

When I read jessie-tutorial.pdf and tried something on it, I found a pragma
declaration described on page 26 of this document wasn't as same as in real
Jessie plugin.
The syntax of pragma on floating point model is described as follow:  #pragma
FloatModel(value). But actually, its syntax is  #pragma
JessieFloatModel(value).
Moreover, some arguments seemed to work incorrectly in my system. I don't
know the reason.

With this example:

#pragma JessieFloatModel( < arg> )
/*@
requires radius>0;
ensures \abs(\result - 3.141592654*2.0*radius) <= 0.01;
*/
float Perimeter(float radius) {
    return 2.0*3.14*radius;
}

One by one, I replaced <arg> above by followings : "math", "real", "strict"
and "full" . Then, I had the result:
- math : it said that this value wasn't supported.
- real : all conditions were "unknown" in verification.
- strict: it couldn't solve the problem on overflow.
- full: it caused time-out.

I want to write specification for a single-procedure which has
floating-point numbers and PI number, and the rounding-error can be accepted
in a small range. I mean, if I write the ACSL-like annotation with PI number
as 3.141592654 and in C code with PI number as 3.14, the C source code will
valid in my verification. Would you please help me doing that ?

Another problem is to use #pragma JessieTerminationPolicy(value), when I
executed my verification, a warning showed that this pragma was ignored. How
can I use this pragma ?

Thank you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.

--
An Nhu Nguyen
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering