[Frama-c-discuss] bsd/gmake in Jessie (was: Check for gmake)

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:59 PM,
<fr.inria.gforge.lists at coreland.ath.cx> wrote:
> On 2010-02-27 22:36:39, Pascal Cuoq wrote:
>> If by "solution" you mean "ugly workaround", how about inserting in
>> your PATH the name of a directory with a shell script named "make"
>> that calls:
>> gmake "$@"
>
> Heh, I actually meant "non-ugly workaround".
>
> Presumably there's a sane way to handle this in the software. I'm just
> not familiar enough with the code to actually make a change like that.

In Why 2.23, it's in file frama-c-plugin/register.ml. Search for
"make". Obviously there is no support for calling "make" anything
else, but how about just changing "make" to "gmake", recompiling and
re-installing Why? (if this is for your personal use, it ought to fix
the issue for the time being. If it's for making a binary package...
Well, I assume it would still be fine, since it would be a FreeBSD
package anyway)

> Unfortunately, overriding 'make' by putting anything in $PATH will
> basically break my whole system (BSD and BSD make are pretty intimate!).

I only meant when you are using Frama-C.

> Perhaps an optional environment variable, such as $JESSIE_MAKE_BIN?

This, or something like this, sounds like a good idea.

Pascal
PS: In case you want to change more than "make" into "gmake" in the
aforementioned file, ^ is string concatenation in OCaml.

Pascal