[Frama-c-discuss] frama-c with cygwin

Hello,

> I am now getting an error saying: NTVDM.EXE has stopped working.
> Does that make any sense to anyone?

Yes, Google is pretty unambiguous on the subject of this message. It
means that the application that you are trying to use on Windows Vista
is designed for older systems and doesn't work with Vista.

I hear that Windows 7 has some kind of virtualization technology for
running XP in a corner of your computer (and old applications inside
it). So if you upgrade you should be able to use that. That may only
be available in some of the multiple versions of Windows 7 though (do
not take Windows advice from me. Seriously)

Other virtualization solutions should also work. Debian testing has
up-to-date binaries of the last release. Just type "sudo apt-get
install frama-c" or something approaching and it will install
everything you need in your virtual machine.

Compiling from source is another alternative that might work. The
reason the binary we provide doesn't work probably is that it is a
binary... An OCaml compiler bootstrapped on Vista should be perfectly
able to generate programs that run on Vista. I am afraid that this
solution could end up taking a lot of time.

Pascal