[Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron
  • From: hollas at informatik.htw-dresden.de (Boris Hollas)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:14:34 +0200

Hello,

I just installed Boron using the Source distribution including Why-2.24
and Jessie. I noticed that ./configure && make install doesn't install
why. I had to cd to the why directory and install it from there.

Unless this is a bug in the makefile, this should be mentioned in the
INSTALL file. There's another file INSTALL_WITH_WHY which merely
contains default instructions, ie ./configure, make, make install. This
file didn't help me and should be removed.

If manual compilation of why is required, I suggest to add a switch to
configure to include why and jessie.

Also, at least alt-ergo should be included in the tarball and should
automatically be installed if why is installed. This adds only 133k and
will be very useful to most users of frama-c.

The compilation instructions on
http://frama-c.com/install-boron-20100401-why-2.24.html are not
up-to-date and should be replaced by the INSTALL file from the tarball.

--
Regards,
Boris