[Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron
  • From: Julien.Signoles at cea.fr (Julien Signoles)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:07:12 +0200

Hello,

Boris Hollas a ?crit :
> Unless this is a bug in the makefile, this should be mentioned in the
> INSTALL file. There's another file INSTALL_WITH_WHY which merely
> contains default instructions, ie ./configure, make, make install. This
> file didn't help me and should be removed.

Richard already answers this statement...

> If manual compilation of why is required, I suggest to add a switch to
> configure to include why and jessie.

Actually it is possible to set a configure's option to compile and
install both Frama-C and the plug-in Jessie coming with Why:

./configure --enable-external=why/frama-c-plugin
make
sudo make install (may require superuser right)

OK, this option is not indicated in file INSTALL but it is explained in
the user manual.

> Also, at least alt-ergo should be included in the tarball and should
> automatically be installed if why is installed. This adds only 133k and
> will be very useful to most users of frama-c.

Maybe in future releases. As a first step in that way, the recent
Windows binary release contains Frama-C + Why + Alt-Ergo + a complete
development environment).

> The compilation instructions on
> http://frama-c.com/install-boron-20100401-why-2.24.html are not
> up-to-date and should be replaced by the INSTALL file from the tarball.

They are up-to-date. That is exactly the contents of file
INSTALL_WITH_WHY while the compilation instructions of Frama-C Boron
(http://frama-c.com/install-boron-20100401.html) is the contents of the
file INSTALL.

--
Julien