[Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron
  • From: pascal.cuoq at gmail.com (Pascal Cuoq)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:56:13 +0200

Hello,

>> cd why
>> ./configure
>> make
>> make install (may require superuser right)

As you noticed from the installation instructions,
the respective Frama_C and Why archives are only
juxtaposed with no additional integration. This means
that it's not much harder to get and install them separately
than to get and install them together:

Untar, compile and install Frama-C.
Make sure that the installed Frama-C is in your PATH for detection by
Why. Untar, compile and install Why.

I am mentioning this because there were small but
annoying issues in Why 2.24, and Why 2.26, fixing all
these issues, has since been released:
http://why.lri.fr/

Regarding the integration of Alt-ergo in Frama-C
(technically what would make sense is an integration
in Why but this is not my point here), it has been
discussed. I do not remember the outcome of the
discussion but this page seems the most likely explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_Else's_Problem

Pascal