[Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron

  • Subject: [Frama-c-discuss] Installing Boron
  • From: hollas at informatik.htw-dresden.de (Boris Hollas)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:24:11 +0200

On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 09:07 +0200, Julien Signoles wrote:

> Actually it is possible to set a configure's option to compile and
> install both Frama-C and the plug-in Jessie coming with Why:
>
> ./configure --enable-external=why/frama-c-plugin
> make
> sudo make install (may require superuser right)
>
> OK, this option is not indicated in file INSTALL but it is explained in
> the user manual.

I see. But wouldn't it be easier for the users if this was explained in
the file INSTALL?  Otherwise, the users who doesn't know where to find
this has to search in several places.

> INSTALL_WITH_WHY while the compilation instructions of Frama-C Boron
> (http://frama-c.com/install-boron-20100401.html) is the contents of the
> file INSTALL.

This is right. But this file doesn't explain what packages are needed to compile the code. The file INSTALL is much more verbose and helpful, therefore I suggest to merge that information.

--
Regards,
Boris