[Frama-c-discuss] Problem running frama-c in Windows

>> If pre-processing seems to be the problem, you can try to rename the
>> > file "first.c" into "first.i" so that it is not pre-processed by
>> > Frama-C.
>> >

>> I changed the name and then tried
>>
>> E:\Program Files\Frama-C\bin>frama-c.exe first.i
>>
>> but there was no result. Then I tried to load it as a .c source to the GUI
>
> Well, by default if you only pass a filename as argument without any
> option, frama-c will only attempt to typecheck the source.

To go back to the larger point, both frama-c and frama-c-gui seem to
work as expected (not doing anything when invoked as "frama-c first.i"
is the expect behavior as Virgile pointed out) when they are passed
already pre-processed .i files.

Frama-C shows the command it tries to use for pre-processing .c files,
but if that doesn't work, you can instruct it to use another command
with the -cpp-command option.
Note that the "%1" and "%2" syntax in -cpp-command doesn't work if you
have not applied the patch at:

http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/frama-c-discuss/2010-May/002073.html

so perhaps the simplest solution overall would be to always
pre-process all your .c files as .i files yourself and invoke Frama-C
only on the .i files.

Pascal