[Frama-c-discuss] question about slicer

Hello,

Thank you for your quick responses. The program is of an interrupt
driven device and each thread modifies a shared global variable
ErrorStatus. So you can imagine many |= and &= type assignments to the
variable from the threads and the some nested if tests. There is a main
function with an infinite loop(i dont know whether that is significant
for code slicing). My aim is to slice the threads and the main function
giving me a reduced set of instructions that each thread performs on
ErrorStatus. I get no output from attempting to slice the main loop so I
added fake assignments such as ErrorStatus=someconstant to see how far
it gets. It gets to a certain point in the main loop even under the
infinite while loop but it stops just before one assignment. I will try
to learn more through the value analysis.

Thank you again
Damien